Skip to content

About Us

 The original Goonans came out by boat from County Clare in Ireland in 1850 to mine for gold. In 1869 the first generation of Goonans selected land in Dederang although the farm size has changed considerably due to the sale of part of the property during the Great Depression. The Farmhouse still sits on approximately 600 acres of land owned by the Goonan family, now in their fifth generation farming this land.

The farm was operated by Tom and Diane Goonan until his passing in July 2011. Diane continues to operate the property as a commercial beef farm, assisted by her sons Marcus, Nathan, Adrian and Brendan.

As well as beef cattle, chickens, turkeys, geese and sheep all run on the property. Diane also keeps an impressive herb and vegetable garden and makes her own jams, preserves and relishes using fruit and vegetables grown on the property.

Fresh seasonal produce grown on the farm – as well as a few local favourites – are available for purchase when you stay with us.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: